Take a couple of minutes each day and head over to our Facebook page to check out the newest research on sleep deprivation and performance. You’ll also find other reasons why you should mark your calendars for the FREE Sleep Seminar on Saturday, September 20th at 10:30 am!
Even better, I’m personally challenging all of you to sign up for the charitable challenge starting at the end of September. Here’s the big deal on the sleep challenge. There is a $20 entry fee. Each week there will be one big goal and one-two miniature goals, all of which will be counted for points. At end of each week you will turn in your estimated hours slept along with your points total for the days of that week. All points will be added at the end of the challenge… and here’s the best part the “WINNER” of the challenge gets to choose their favorite Houston-based charity to donate all the proceeds to.
Why should you participate in the challenge?
1. You will be donating to a charity right here in your back yard.
2. You will be forced to actually track your sleep for five weeks.
3. You may have the following side effects: increased libido, lifting more, losing weight, better immune function, better mood, improved digestion, and SO MUCH MORE!
4. You’re being personally challenged Steph and the CFWH coaching staff to take care of yourself outside the gym.
5. Your spouse, partner, family, co-workers and friends will appreciate the new, positive attitude you get with better sleep.
6. Your kids will not be worry about your biting their heads off after you get home from work (or pick them up at school).
7. You will perform better in the gym at the end of the challenge, without a doubt!
8. You may get smarter.
9. You will be joining the rest of the coaching staff (yes, I’m making them all do it too!) on this very special gym challenge!!
10. Again, you’re donating to a Houston-based charity of the winner’s choice… don’t you want to be that winner?
Sign up today for the 1st Annual FALL (and stay) Asleep Sleep Challenge at CrossFit West Houston! Sign-up closes soon, don’t miss out!