What better way to enjoy this amazing spring weather than to spend more time outdoors (instead of the kitchen!), and have a quick, light meal full of freshness and flavor!
- 1 lb catfish (about 3 fillets)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt (sea salt or Kosher salt)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground dry oregano (substitute with Italian herb mix if you like)
- 2 tsp fresh garlic chives chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint chopped
- 2 tb sp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses (or honey), optional
- 3 tb sp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash and pat dry the fish fillets. Rub both sides of each fillet with olive oil.
- Heat a cast iron pan with remaining olive oil to medium high
- Mix all the dry fish seasonings in a plate. Lightly press each fillet on the plate to evenly coat both sides.
- Place fish in the heated pan, making sure they do not touch each other. Let them cook on one side for about 3 minutes, till you see the edges turn white. Then, flip over, reduce the heat to medium, and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes until fish is white and flakes easily.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender. Taste and adjust seasoning. This homemade dressing can be stored if covered and refrigerated for 5-7 days, but best consumed when fresh!
- Serve the fish on a bed of spring greens with chopped avocados and the fresh dressing, and enjoy!