Looking for a quick treat, without feeling like it’s too much of a cheat? The paleo mug cake, adapted from by-the-spoonfool.blogspot.com, is ideal!
- 3 tb sp almond flour
- 3 tb sp cocoa powder (2.5 tb sp if you don’t like it super dark!)
- 2 tb sp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 egg
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tb sp freshly brewed coffee
- Mix the cocoa powder, almond flour and salt in a mug.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir well to cake-batter consistency.
- Microwave for 1.5 – 2min (depending on your microwave). You’ll see the cake rise in the mug, as it heats up.
* Next time, I might try adding a little butter or olive oil to make it a little more moist.