As you know in CrossFit we need to be mobile with good range of motion, recover from workouts, and avoid injury. It helps to have the right tools and best practices. So in keeping with this vision, I am excited to announce that we will be partnering with our own Shweta Bijlani. See the schedule below for free 10 min massages as well as taking appointments for more detailed work.
Check out the website:
And like her on Facebook:
Schedule at CFWH:
– Free 10 min massages 5:30 – 7pm weekly beginning Monday – August 5!
– For more info on 1-1 appointments, contact Shweta at the gym or email: Shweta@integratedMobilityTherapy.com
For a more detailed explanation, here is the answer to “What is Integrated Mobility?”
Integrated Mobility is a form of manual therapy that uses the principles of sports, Swedish, deep tissue massage and postural assessment to help you optimize your movement. It helps accommodate the stress that any repetitive motion/posture imposes on the body. By assessing soft tissue health and range of motion, an Integrated Mobility therapist can address your individual needs, correct faulty biomechanics and improve your performance and overall quality of life.
Integrated Mobility helps active people:
- Improve performance
- Recover faster
- Prevent injuries
- Reduce pain
That said, Integrated Mobility is not just restricted to athletes or active people. It is a holistic approach that promotes general well being for any individual by:
- Addressing chronic aches and pains
- Relaxing the body and mind
- Slowing down aging
Too often people that desire these results are very committed to and are strict about their diets and exercise. However, they neglect their recovery and fall short of optimal mobility. Integrated Mobility helps bridge that gap.
During an Integrated Mobility Therapy sessions, the therapist makes use of:
- Postural assessment
- Traditional Swedish massage principles
- Advanced Sports massage techniques which include myofascial, neuromuscular and deep tissue massage
- Active and assisted stretches